MODEL R82 PULSE BURST RADAR TRANSMITTER
Radar has been part of the level measurement market for more than thirty years. The early designs used in tank gauging were heavy, expensive, power-hungry and complex. Advancements in radar circuitry have evolved the modern radar transmitter so that now it is light, inexpensive, loop-powered and easy to use. The R82 is the logical extension of that evolution.
Microwave-based radar is a superior measurement technology with its ability to operate effectively in a wide range of process conditions. It has been too expensive to use as a replacement for ultrasonic transmitters in simple, daily applications...until now. The R82 radar transmitter can be considered the answer to almost every daily level measurement application imaginable.
The R82 radar transmitter is based on pulse burst radar technology with equivalent time sampling circuitry. Short bursts of 26GHz microwave energy are emitted and subsequently reflected from the liquid level surface. Distance is calculated by the equation D = Transit time (round-trip)/2. Liquid level is then calculated by applying the user's tank height and sensor offset values.
- Storage and Intermediate Holding Tanks
- Standpipes and Chambers
- Mixing and Blending Vessels
- Enclosed Sumps
Open Channel Flow :
- Enclosed Flumes and Weirs
- 24 VDC, loop-power with HART®
- Housing: Lexan® or cast aluminum
- Range: 15" (380 mm) to 40 feet (12 m) measured from process connection
- Antenna: Encapsulated horn - polypropylene or Tefzel®
- Process Temperature: -40º to +200° F (-40º to +93° C)
- Process Pressure: Vacuum to 200 psig (-1 to 13.8 bar)
- General Purpose and Intrinsically Safe approvals
- Lexan or cast aluminum, single compartment housing
- ¾" NPT or M20 conduit connections
- Fully encapsulated antenna of polypropylene or Tefzel®
- Process Connections: 2" NPT or BSP
- Antenna extensions for nozzle heights up to 12" (300 mm)