KOTRON® MODEL 805 LEVEL TRANSMITTER
The Kotron® Model 805 Smart Transmitter is a loop-powered, 24 VDC, liquid-level transmitter based on proven RF Capacitance technology. Encompassing a number of significant engineering accomplishments, this high performance RF level transmitter is designed to provide reliable measurement performance well beyond that of competitive units.
The KOTRON Model 805 operates on a remarkably low amount of current. A microprocessor controls the measurement engine, drives the liquid crystal display, enables keypad operation, controls HART® communications and provides a 4–20 mA output.
A separate wiring compartment isolates the power/signal conductors from the electronics compartment via a sealed feed-through. The compartment is designed to maximize ease of wiring and includes surge and transient protection.
The unique enclosure is conveniently angled at 45° to facilitate ease of setup and configuration, and to maximize readability of the liquid crystal display.
The KOTRON 805 combines the proven technology of RF Capacitance with advanced signal processing techniques and convenient user features. As level rises and falls in a tank or vessel, the amount of capacitance developed between the sensing probe and the tank wall (or ground) also rises and falls. This change in capacitance is digitized for display and HART® communications (optional) and converted into a proportional 4-20 mA analog output signal.
- Liquids or slurries
- Hydrocarbons to water-based media
- Process or storage vessels up to rated probe temperature and pressure
- Interface measurement
- Accepted, proven RF capacitance technology
- Two-wire, 24 VDC, loop-powered level transmitter
- Innovative, ergonomic housing
- Two-line, 8-character LCD with keypad
- Probe designs to +1000° F (+535° C) / 5000 psig (345 bar)
- Intrinsically safe and Non-Incendive approvals
- Probes available from 6 inches to 150 feet (15 centimeters to 45 meters)
- HART digital communications
- Display and keypad
- FM, CSA, or ATEX approvals
- Aluminum or stainless steel enclosure
- Probe selection